Sunday, December 2, 2018

Things Underage Drinkers Didn't Do

A few years ago, Twenty-One Debunked had a segment called "Things Underage Drinkers Didn't Do" (TUDDD), to highlight some off the outrageous misbehavior that over-21 drinkers have done recently.  We decided to bring it back.  In the past week or two:

An underage drinker did NOT drunkenly crash into a school bus in Massachusetts, injuring many adults and children.

An underage drinker did NOT drunkenly and belligerently threaten other passengers and crew on an airplane, causing the flight to be diverted.

An underage drinker did NOT kill one passenger and injure several others, including the other driver, in a DUI crash in Santa Ana, CA.

An underage drinker did NOT drunkenly run over a pedestrian in a parking lot with a pickup truck, landing her in the hospital.

An underage drinker did NOT kill both of his passengers in a DUI crash, himself walking away unscathed, in rural Mendocino County, CA.

An underage drinker did NOT get so incredibly wasted that she literally crashed into a house, injuring a child in that house.

An underage drinker did NOT get sloshed, tried to give her 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son bourbon, had stabby thoughts, asked her daughter to get a knife so they "would all die together", then grabbed and threw her son on the bed before she (luckily) passed out before anyone was killed.

And that, my friends, is just the tip of the iceberg.  But hey, at least they were over 21, right?  Move along, nothing to see here folks...

5 comments:

  1. Ajax, I use Twitter and YouTube to get my message out to more people. I highly recommend you do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not on Twitter, as I am not a particularly big fan of it, but I am on YouTube. I will consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you give me a link to your YouTube channel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking and I realize that the original channel I used to have is apparently gone now. I will let you know if I make a new one though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oppression against 18-20 year olds will never be justified. There is however a problematic aspect of this country's drinking culture which is unable to be solved with oppressive laws against young adults. Unfortunately, the drinking age of 21 has become a characteristic of American culture. I believe that this society has too much pride in justifying that ageist law rather than lowering the drinking age. For some time now, debate has not worked for our movement because the oppressive drinking age has become an unquestionable and central part of American culture. The media and companies always justify that law, marginalizing its opposition to blogs such as here.

    ReplyDelete