- When drinking age laws have been changed in the past, July is the month in which it has historically occured the most.
- The National Minimum Drinking Age Act was signed into law on July 17, 1984.
- Wyoming, the last state to raise the drinking age to 21, signed its bill into law on July 1, 1988.
- The territory of Guam raised its drinking age from 18 to 21 on July 8, 2010, effective immediately.
- The two most dangerous days of the year in terms of traffic fatalities are July 3 and July 4, despite the fact that the most dangerous month is August.
- And of course, July 4 is Independence Day in the United States, and July 1 is Canada Day north of the border.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
What is it about July?
July is just around the corner, and we thought you should know some interesting facts about the seventh month of the year.